By using Exile Shorts, you agree to Exile Shorts’ Privacy Statement below.
Exile Shorts (“Exile Shorts”, "we", "us", "our") recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the word "you" includes website visitors, Exile Shorts registered users and purchasers of Exile Shorts products and services.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about:
- What personal information about you is collected by Exile Shorts.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- How you can access and change any personal information Exile Shorts holds about you.
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by Exile Shorts.
- How to contact Exile Shorts.
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
- when visiting the Exile Shorts website
- when using Exile Shorts’ online services
- when entering into an agreement with Exile Shorts and/or another third party
- when you request Exile Shorts forward information about yourself to a third party
- when you correspond, or communicate with Exile Shorts over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, we may also obtain personal information about you from third party sources such as our training providers and other third party service providers.
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by Exile Shorts may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
2. What types of information do we collect?
Exile Shorts gathers two types of information about you, namely:
- aggregated information generated by our systems (or third party systems) to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally; and
- personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address, website usage and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information.
The type of information that Exile Shorts collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website and the products you are interested in purchasing through Exile Shorts, or for the products a third party purchases on your behalf.
Generally, Exile Shorts does not collect 'sensitive information' about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences. Exile Shorts will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Exile Shorts will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate data
Exile Shorts also collects non-personal information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visits to specific areas of our website and the domain names of our website visitors internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our website visitors use our website so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services. We may also share this information with our training providers for the purpose of providing you with optimal training material & services.
Your Internet Provider IP address
Exile Shorts’ web servers provide us with your IP address. This assists us in the diagnosis of problems and or support issues with our services.
Cookies and Applets
Exile Shorts uses 'cookies' and 'applets' in its website systems. These enable you to use services such as free demonstrations of our training courses. You are able to disable cookies and applets via your computer's web browser however this will restrict access to some web pages and services within the Exile Shorts website.
3. How we collect information
Exile Shorts may collect personal information about you when you visit our website and you elect to use our online services, when you register as a Exile Shorts Registered User, when you enter into a contract with Exile Shorts and, when you deal with Exile Shorts over the telephone or correspond with Exile Shorts via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
Exile Shorts may also collect personal information about you from our training providers and other third parties who purchase or arrange for access to Exile Shorts on your behalf (such as your name, email address and/or class enrolments).
4. How we use your personal information
Exile Shorts may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email newsletters
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and Exile Shorts and/or third parties
- to identify the number of people using Exile Shorts’ website services and establish the nature of their interests
- to facilitate Exile Shorts registration
- to conduct Exile Shorts training activities
- to conduct Exile Shorts marketing activities
- to provide you with information about Exile Shorts and its services and products.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Exile Shorts may disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems.
Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, Exile Shorts takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Other than as outlined above, Exile Shorts will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
6. Access to and correction of information we hold about you
Upon your request, Exile Shorts will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles. If we deny such access, we will tell you why. Exile Shorts may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information. To request access to your personal information, please contact Exile Shorts using one of the contact options provided in paragraph 12 of this Privacy Statement.
7. Keeping information up to date
Exile Shorts strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wish for your details to be removed from the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
8. Storage and security of your personal information
Exile Shorts takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst Exile Shorts strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use of the Exile Shorts website is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Links to other websites
The Exile Shorts website may contain links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only.
Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Exile Shorts of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
10. Destruction of your personal information
Exile Shorts will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorized or required by law.
11. Changes to Exile Shorts’ Privacy Statement
From time to time, Exile Shorts may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to remain informed about how we collect and protect your personal information.
Your continued use of the Exile Shorts website constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
12. Feedback and questions about privacy and the Exile Shorts website
Exile Shorts welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Exile Shorts website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services we provide and may be shared with Exile Shorts partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the Exile Shorts website or your dealings with Exile Shorts, you can contact us via email: email@example.com